Code 1.0 | Introduction to Computer Science
The Code course prepares you for the following:
- A broad and robust understanding of computer science and programming
- How to think algorithmically and solve programming problems efficiently
- Concepts like abstraction, algorithms, data structures, encapsulation, resource management, security, software engineering, and web development
- How to engage with a vibrant community of like-minded learners from all levels of experience
- How to develop and present a final programming project to your peers
Students offered admission to Tech901 would be notified of the decision in writing after completing the Compass Assessment. Most decisions are made within 24-48 hours of becoming complete. At times, more information may be requested (grades, certification vouchers, new/improved test results, etc.).
Meet the Code 1.0 Lead Instructor
Brad Montgomery is a software developer and entrepreneur in Memphis, TN. He has over 15 years of software development experience, and is currently the Cofounder and Technical Lead for Tennessee Data Commons where he leads the efforts to bring smart technologies to drive social change.Brad has previously worked with organizations of various sizes operating in multiple domains including educational institutions, consulting firms, and silicon valley startups.
He holds BS and MS degrees in Computer Science from Arkansas State University and is a Seed Hatchery alumni, where he co-founded the now-defunct technical recruiting startup, Work for Pie.Brad believes in an agile-inspired approach to work, and he prefers open source tools.
Brad lives in Bartlett, TN with his wonder wife and two amazing daughters (both of whom are growing up way to quickly!).